For smokers, it is absolutely essential to know the designated smoking areas in every circumstance. But it totally becomes vital when talking about flights. We had already an overlook at which airports have smoking areas in Europe, this time we will disclose airports with smoking areas and lounges around the US and Asia, so you don't question yourself what US airports have smoking rooms? Especially considering the ever-increasing number of smokers in the US and Asia.
Smoking in US Airports
Atlanta Airport Smoking Lounges and Areas
You are not permitted to take a pull on your cigarette anywhere at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Airport. There are several indoor smoking areas around it:
- At T-Gates, close to Gates 4 and 13;
- Concourse A - at Gordon Biersch restaurant (mezzanine level of food court) and Tap close to Gate A3;
- Concourse B - close to Gates 7 and 24;
- Concourse C - close to Gates 16 and 26;
- Concourse E - close to Gates 9, 17, and 29;
- Concourse F - on the mezzanine level in the food court area.
LAX Airport Smoking Areas and Lounges
When at Los-Angeles International Airport, you’ll be able to light up only in a specialized outdoor smoking area before the security check. There are no smoking lounges inside LAX, and e-cigarettes are equally restricted to be lit on the territory of the airport.
What’s about the directions, you will have to find the Tom Bradley International Terminal (TBIT). The signs directing it to the smoking patio can be found in Terminal 4 or else named Terminal B. It is better to follow the Terminal B signs, the go towards Gate 130, and once downstairs in the food court area, go past Panda Express to see the sign, and then reach the area.
As of January 2, 2020, other smokign areas are foudn near Terminal 2 and Terminal 7. LAX Airport smoking area Terminal 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 are currently closed.
There are no other smoking areas at Los-Angeles International Airport.
Dallas Airport Smoking Areas and Lounges
Smoking indoors is absolutely restricted at Dallas Fort Worth International Airport, but there are some club lounges and specially designed areas for smoking outside the terminal. For you to know, Dallas Airport smoking area Terminal A and D has these club lounges, including American Airways Admirals Clubs.
Denver Airport Smoking Areas and Lounges (DEN)
DEN is not one of the airports you can smoke in, so you’ll have to leave the building and proceed smoking outside. The exact location is outside the Jeppesen Terminal, and there are few ways to reach the outside smoking area situated on the northern and southern sides of the terminal:
On the West Side:
- At Level 4 exit the doors 400 & 416;
- At Level 5 exit the doors 500 & 516;
- At Level 6 exit the door 616.
On the East Side:
- At Level 4 exit the doors 401 & 417;
- At Level 5 exit the doors 501 & 517;
- At Level 6 exit the doors 601 & 617.
JFK Airport Smoking Areas and Lounges
You may be absolutely prohibited from smoking in JFK Airport. Designated smoking areas are only outside Terminal 4 (Arrival and Departure level). Make sure that you are on the distance of 25 feet from the building to completely comply with the law.
SFO Airport Smoking Areas and Lounges
Useful info for SFO airport smokers: You are able to light up only in outdoor smoking areas. These can be accessed through Door 5 in the International Area and Door 13 in the Domestic Area.
MCO Smoking Areas and Lounges
As MCO airport cares about passive smoking, just like other airports in the US, there are no smoking facilities inside the building. To the luck of the airport smokers, there is a smoking area in the curbside area that is on the opposite side of the street of the terminal, on the first and second levels.
Smoking at Airports in Asia
China. Beijing Airport Smoking Areas and Lounges (PEK)
Throughout the entire airport building, there is a strict ban on smoking inside it. Though there are several smoking areas outside Terminal 3. Specifically, 7 smoking places.
Bonus tip: make sure you keep the lighter in your hand luggage, as at security check, the airport staff might confiscate them. We advise getting it out of your pocket and placing it somewhere else. It is not a rule, but a precaution.
UAE. Dubai Airport Smoking Areas and Lounges (DXB)
Alike other airports in the world, at Dubai International Airport, there are smoking lounges in every terminal. There are also signs all over the airport that ease their finding. Smoking lounges can be accessed after the security check:
- On the Upper level near Gate D12 at Terminal 1;
- Near the departure area at Terminal 2;
- Near Gates A2, A23, B7, B27, C9, C23 at Terminal 3.
In addition to that, you can light up before the security in designated smoking areas outside the building.
Japan. Tokyo Haneda Airport Smoking Areas and Lounges (HND)
Tokyo Haneda International Airport is one of the airports you can smoke in and out the terminals in specialized areas.
In the parking lot:
- On the 1F.
In the terminal building:
- On the 1F - six designated smoking areas inside the terminal, and one on the airside;
- On the 2F - one designated smoking area in the arrival lobby;
- On the 3F - two designated smoking areas: between Check-in Counters A & B and I & J; three on the airside: across Gate 109, 114, 106, 146, and towards Tokyo Sky Kitchen;
- On the 4F - two designated smoking areas on the opposite sides of EDO KO-JI;
- On the 5F - one designated smoking area in TOKYO POP TOWN;
Hong Kong. Hong Kong Airport Smoking Areas and Lounges (HKG)
Both designated smoking areas and smoking lounges can be found at HKG airport.
- Smoking lounge on L6 (Departure Area) near Gate 25, 29, 43, 61, 64;
- Smoking lounge on L5 (Arrival Area) near Gate 60 and Transfer Desk E2;
- Smoking lounge on L4 (Ferry Departure Area) near Berth 3.
India. Indira Gandhi Airport Smoking Areas and Lounges (DEL)
Before the security check, you will be able to take a pull on your cigarette in specialized smoking areas outside the terminals. Same for the smoking areas inside the building: there are several in each of three terminals:
- Terminal 1 - in the Hold Area, in the food court;
- Terminal 2 - near Security Hold Area;
- Terminal 3 - on the International Pier in the Transfer Area & Food Court. Same for the Domestic Pier.
South Korea. Incheon Airport Smoking Areas and Lounges (ICN)
Since you are at Incheon Airport, Terminal 1 smoking areas, Terminal 2 smoking ares and, and those at the Concourse ming be handy is you want to smoke after the security. In case you want to light up before the security, you will have to access the outdoor smoking areas. Here are the smoking areas around the airport:
- On 3F: Terminal 1 close to Gates 10, 12, 15, 30, 40, 45;
- On 3F: Concourse close to Gates 106, 110, 123, 127;
- On 3F: Terminal 2 close to Exit 2, 4, 7, and Gate 235, 247, 264;
- On 1F: Terminal 2 close to Exit 1, 3, 4, 6.
The areas are open 24/7.
Singapore. Changi Airport Smoking Areas and Lounges (SIN)
You are welcome to smoke at Changi Airport in designated smoking areas inside and outside the building. Before the security, you will be able to light up only outside the building, but after it, there are several areas for airport smokers in each terminal:
- On Level 2, T1, near Gate C16 and D36 in the Departure Transit Hall East and on the Outdoor Deck in the Departure Transit Hall West;
- On Level 3, T1, near Cactus Garden in Departure Transit Hall West and near Snooze Lounge in the Departure Transit Hall Central;
- On Level 2, T2, next to Harry’s Bar in Departure Transit Hall North, behind the Sunglass Hut in Departure Transit Hall South, in Sanctuary Lounge in Departure Transit Hall, North Finger Pier, and in Pavilion Lounge in Departure Transit Hall, South Finger Pier;
- On Level 3, T2, in Sunflower Garden in Departure Transit Hall South;
- On Level 2, T3, next to Harry's Bar in Departure Transit Hall North, next to the Tiger Signature Lounge and outdoor Garden Terrace in Departure Transit Hall South, next to Gate A21, opposite Gate B10 in the airside of Departure Transit Hall;
- On Level 3, T3, next to the SilverKris Lounge in the airside of Departure Transit Hall;
- On Level 2, T4, near Gate G4 and Heritage in Departure Transit Hall North, and Near Gate G16 in Departure Transit Hall North Pier;
- On Level 2M, T4, Departure Transit Hall.Quite an impressive number of smoking areas!
Turkey. Istanbul Airport Smoking Areas and Lounges (SAW)
In case you were wondering if there is a smoking area, Sabiha Airport doesn't have any inside its building. But there are two smoking terraces at Gates 201 and 205.
Last Updated on December 31, 2019.